The Rhythm Studio and The Rhythm Studio Foundation ("We", "Our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains how we collect, use and share the personal data we collect from you, and your rights in relation to the personal data we hold.
By visiting www.therhythmstudio.co.uk (our "site") you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("DPA") and the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR)", the data controller are:
- The Rhythm Studio Limited (company registered in England & Wales No. 7123315) of Kensington & Chelsea College, Wornington Road, London, W10 5QQ.
- The Rhythm Studio Foundation (registered charity number 1145472) of Kensington & Chelsea College, Wornington Road, London, W10 5QQ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you or your child(ren) by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you sign up to receive our newsletter, or participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, relevant medical or special educational needs information, and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); and pages and products you viewed.
Why we collect and use this information
We collect and use personal data in order to meet legal requirements and legitimate interests set out in the GDPR and UK law, including those in relation to the following:
- Article 6 and Article 9 of the GDPR
- Education Act 1996
- Regulation 5 of The Education (Information About Individual Pupils) (England) Regulations 2013
In accordance with the above, the personal data of students and their families is used for the following reasons:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and provide the goods and services you have elected to receive
- to provide you with the information you have requested to receive from us
- to support student learning
- to monitor and report on student progress
- to provide appropriate pastoral care
- to assess the quality of our services
- to notify you about changes to our service
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including The Rhythm Studio teachers, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the fulfilment of any arrangement or contract we enter into with them or you. When we share your information with a third party processor, the same data protection standards that we uphold are imposed on the processor.
We will not disclose your information to any third party for direct marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms & conditions of service; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Rhythm Studio, The Rhythm Studio Foundation, our students, or others.
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict privacy procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
In relation to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to:
- ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes
- be informed about how we use your personal data
- request access to the personal data that we hold
- ask us to amend your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- request that the processing of your data is restricted
- object to your personal data being processed
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where the processing of your data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
How Long Your Information Is Kept
In accordance with the GDPR, we do not store personal data indefinitely; data is only stored for as long as is necessary to complete the task for which it was originally collected.
International Transfers Of Personal Data
The personal data we collect from you may be transferred, stored and/or processed outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) by our third party processors. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and/or processing. You should be aware that countries outside the EEA may not offer the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom, however we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the DPA.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
QUERIES & COMPLAINTS
If you have any queries about how we process your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by email: email@example.com; by telephone: +44 (0) 20 8968 4631; or by post: Data Protection Officer, The Rhythm Studio, Kensington & Chelsea College, Wornington Road, London, W10 5QQ.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you can raise a concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted on 0303 123 1113, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.